Social Studies Teacher 7-12
Deadline: Open until filled
To provide students with a daily and ongoing instructional program that will provide for them the best possible academic knowledge and skills. To promote academic, social, and citizenship development through leadership and classroom supervision.
Hold Idaho teaching certificate with appropriate endorsement(s) or bachelor’s degree with enrollment in an alternative method of authorization (i.e. ABCTE)
- Strong background in teaching methods, developmentally appropriate classroom activities, and effective classroom management
- Demonstrated knowledge of subject matter and effective teaching methods
- Strong background in curriculum and the Idaho Core Standards
- Strong background in the integration of technology with instruction
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and design lessons for assigned classes with an appropriate level of difficulty that provide content in a logical and sequential manner
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated
- Implement the Idaho Core Standards, as well as the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives, in lesson plans, classroom instruction, unit planning, and assessments
Open until Filled. A district application may be obtained online or in the front office of Dietrich Schools.
August 24th, 2020
Placement on District Salary Schedule
Job Objective: To operate buses for scheduled routes at the pickup and delivery of students to and from school, mornings and afternoons and extra-curricular and other school activity trips.
- Drive buses on regularly rescheduled routes and on field trips in the absence of the regular bus driver.
- Maintain safety control over passengers.
- Participate in bus driver training courses established by the Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- Participate in drug and alcohol testing as required by law and District policy.
- Perform related additional duties as may be required or assigned.
- Must be qualified school bus driver.
- Possess exemplary driving record.
- Possess high tolerance for noise disruption.
- Possess skills in operating school buses.
- By physically able and willing to handle effectively all duties of the position.
Job Objective: To be responsible for enabling each child to pursue his/her education as smoothly and completely as possible in the absence of the certified teacher.
- Follows all policies, rules and procedures to which regular teachers are subject and which good teaching practices dictates.
- Remains in assigned classroom until all students have been dismissed for the day.
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class and surrounding areas.
- Reviews all plans, duties and schedules to be followed during the teaching day, teaches the outlined lesson, maintains as fully as possible the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which he/she is assigned.
- Checks out with the authorized personnel prior to leaving at the end of the day.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A substitute teacher shall be a person qualified to instruct in our schools in the absence of the regular teacher.